Haryana Civil Services / HCS Exam Eligibility
- Educational Qualification
Aspiring candidates must possess a degree of a recognised University equivalent to the degree of Bachelor of Science, Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, and Bachelor of any technical subject or their recognised equivalent as on the closing date of the filling of form.
The candidates should not be less than 21 years and not more than 40 years (on 1st January of the year of examination.
However upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years for the candidates belonging to the following categories:
- Scheduled Caste and Backward Class of Haryana Only.
- Un-married female candidates of Haryana Only.
- Employees of Haryana Government (excluding ad-hoc capacity) or Panjab and Haryana High Court or any Court Subordiate to it in the state of Haryana with four years of service in substantive or officiating capacity subject to a limit of three chances in addition to those which he might have availed within prescribed age limit. The Employees of the Boards/Corporations/Universities/Banks etc. are not eligible for this concession in upper age limit.
- Women whose hsbands have been ordered by civil/criminal courts to pay maintenance to them;women whose husbands have remarried;widows;women who are legally separated from their husbands or have been divorced;women living separately from their husbands for more htna tow years because of desertion;wives of serving disabled military personnel and widows of those who were killed in actgion. Women living separatly from their husbands due to desertion will be required to submit with their application an affidavit to the dffect that she has been deserted by her husband, and has been living separately from him for more than two years and this affidavit should be countersigned by two responsible persons such as member of legislature, Local Bodies including Panchayats and the Bar Association. Where however, a woman who has re-married she would not be eligible for the above concession in the matter of age.
Further the upper age relaxation is as under:
- Upper age limit is also relaxable for an ex-military person whether he joined military service before or after the declaration of emergency to the extent of his military service added by three years provided he had rendered contginuous military service for a period of not less than six months before his release and further provided that he had been released otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency. A disabled military person is entitled to exclude from his age the period from the date he was disabled upto the age of his application or till the end of emergency i.e 10-01-1968.
- The persons recruited from 01-01-1963 onwards as whole time Cadet instructors in the NCC and who are released after the expiry of their initial/extended tenure will also be entitled for relaxation in age limit for purpose of employment under the State Government. The period of service rendered by them in NCC may be deducted from their actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the prescribed upper age limit of a particular post by more than three yers, they may be deemed to be satisfying the condition for appointment to that post in respect of the maximum age. Such of the whole time Cadet instructors in NCC who are released from the NCC before expiry of their initial/extended tenure would also be given these concessions subject to the conditions that they have served in the NCC for the period of not less than six months prior to their release from the NCC.
Age for the post of DSP:
The candidate should not be less than 21 years and not more than 27 years of age on or before 1st Jan of the exam year. However relaxation for the reserved categories will remain as such given above.
Physical Standard for the post of Deputy Superintendent of Police
|S.No||Category||Height||Chest||Chest with Expansion|
|1||Male||170.18 cm||33″ (83.82 cm)||34.5″ ( 87.63 cm)|